Friday, March 01, 2013

Hooked on Crochet...No Pun Intended

Just the truth!  Over the last few months I have been so busy crocheting, it is all I can think about.  I can't wait to get home at night so I can work my project.  I hope for rain on the weekends so I can stay in and crochet all day.  Unfortunately though, this has meant less time for blogging.  Some of the projects I have been working on are magic potholders, scarves, cowls, hats, coasters and bath scrunchies.  They made wonderful handmade gifts for the holidays or any time of year. Here are some photos of my recent projects.

Magic Potholders
Bath Scrunchies







Magic Potholders


Toddler Hat & Scarf











March is National Crochet Month and I was trying to decide what to do.  Then I found Warm Up America! Warm Up America is a charity that has warmed peoples' lives since 1991.  Today, WUA distributes warm afghans, caps and other items to tens of thousands of people, thanks to the generosity of knitters and crocheters around the country.  It is a really great organization and I can't wait to dive in.  I started a local knit and crochet circle in my town last September and am so excited to present this project to the group.  I'm sure everyone will be as eager as I am to start making our squares.  And it builds community.  Our group will send in our squares and they will be joined together with another group's squares until an afghan is made.  It is a great way to feel connected with others around the country and to help someone in need.  If you knit or crochet and would like to join us, please leave a comment below.